Thursday 13 December 2012

Spotted: Catrice Siberian Call LE

Hey there!
Today I'd like to talk about Catrice's current LE, called Siberian Call. It's a winter-themed one, as the name already implies.
This LE contains 4 baked eyeshadows, 3 lip creams, 1 lipgloss top coat, 2 cream to powder blushes and 5 nail polishes. Here *click* you can see an overview of all of the products.
The baked eyeshadows are mostly warm, three of them in brownish shades. They're very shimmery, not to say glittery, and seemed to be quite well pigmented. However, I could imagine they'd tend to cause fall out.
The lip creams come in 3 warm shades, either with a little shimmer or none at all. The colors are very natural, but I think that they could be too warm and brown-toned for some people, just like me.
The lipgloss top coat is a clear gloss with glitter particles in it. Not so much my taste.
The cream to powder blushes looked good, and I was tempted to buy one of them. However, when I looked closely, I first of all found the darker coral/orange one very similar to the Essence Rebels LE Lip&Cheek Pot 01 Peach Punk *click*. Maybe the Catrice one is a little less bright, but they still seemed too similar for my taste. The other blush is of a salmon kind of shade, and I didn't like it with my skin tone unfortunately. They both don't contain any shimmer.
Last but not least, the nail polishes. Great variety of shimmers, glitters and cremes, and all nice shades. I picked out the most unique one, called C04 Rest In The Forest. It's a very shimmery, foil-like silver shade with purple tones to it, and I think it's very pretty for the cold season.
After all, I didn't like this LE as much as I expected to. Somehow the mix of some very warm and some very cold shades didn't work for me as much, or is this kind of contrast wanted? Still, seems a little odd, especially for the Siberian Call theme.
What do you think of it?

xoxo, Misch

8 comments:

  1. wow, the polish looks really coool! I can't wait to see this collection for real! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this will be sold in the netherlands. I don't think so, so i think i won't have to be able to buy anything from this haha. Good for my wallet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, as long as you don't really want anything very badly, it can be good for you :D

      Delete
  3. It seems a special colour, I have to check out this LE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish is everywhere except in the stores. I have been in two different and in both of them it was sold out, thank good it doesn't appeal to me :)
    I actually find this whole TE a little bit boring or at least I can't find anything interesting for myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, here it also sold out!
      well, then there's no problem for you :D

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.