Wednesday 17 October 2012

Book Review: A Bend In The Road by Nicholas Sparks

Hi guys!
Today I'd like to review another Nicholas Sparks book! I've been reading a lot of them lately, because I really enjoy this type of book :)
A Bend In The Road is about this guy named Miles, whose wife died in a car accident with hit-and-run driving. He also has a little son, and when he gets to know his teacher, a young woman who just recently moved to town, he finally starts to live again, little by little getting over the loss of his beloved wife. But he is still determined to find the person who killed his wife and caused that much pain. In the meantime, his love story with his son's teacher, Sarah, evolves, but there are some secrets waiting to be uncovered...
I really love how this book is not only concentrating on the new love of Miles, like it was just a plain love story. It deals with the love to his son, his dead wife, the sorrow he feels at her loss, and the hate towards the murderer. It is very emotional in that way.
There are always Miles or Sarah as the main acting character in the chapters, but there are always short parts written from the I-perspective of an unknown person. These are flashbacks and complete the whole story in a different way.
The book partly creates suspense, and it's also surprising sometimes. I really wanted to read on, find out all about it, and especially who the murderer is. It gets really interesting at that part!
After all, I'm a big fan of this book, and I like the fact that it has all of the good parts a Nicholas Sparks novel has, but it's not as dramatic as some other ones are.
Has anyone of you read it?
xoxo, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.