Sunday 26 August 2012

Spotted: Manhattan Blogger Edition: Styleproofed and Modepilot Collections

Hi guys!
Today I want to talk about Manhattan's new nail polish collection!
Together with the two German fashion blogs, Styleproofed and Modepilot, Manhattan created a "Blogger Edition" nail polish collection. Each blog designed and named 10 shades, and this collection is available now. Here *click* you can see all of the shades.
When I walked into the store, I saw the display of these nail polishes, and I was immediately excited.
blogger + nail polish + pretty shades = pretty awesome, right?! I love all of the shades, there wasn't a single one among these that I thought was ugly. But even though they're not that pricey - one retails for 3,45 Euros - I just couldn't get them all :D So I decided to be reasonable and just the prettiest ones that I don't have dupes for yet :D
The Modepilot Collection is inspired and named by cities and districts. The shades all looked very fall-like to me, with lots of cremes and red-toned shades. I ended up buying 04M, Saint Germain, and 03M, Twerskaja.
Saint Germain is a brown-toned red shade, very fall-appropriate. It's a creme, and really super pretty.  I'd say it's the perfect mix of cherry and brick red. Exactly the kind of shade I love for fall, remember my love for OPI - I'm Suzi & I'm A Chocoholic? :D Saint Germain belongs into the same category, but it's lighter. 2 coats.
Twerskaja is another creme, and it's the perfect plum shade. It's warm, not to dark, and I love it! Plum is actually a rather common shade, right?! But I have no plum creme in my collection! So glad to add this one to it :) 2 coats.
The Styleproofed Collection is inspired and named by finger food. I like the reference to food, and all of the shades are super pretty. They don't seem to the that fall-themed, however. I got one of the colors from this collection, the most interesting one: 07S, Green Chai.
Green Chai is a very light mint shade with lots of glitter in it. The glitter is green, golden and pink. They're rather big and make the nail polish super interesting. I like how it's so unusual! 2 coats, and it dries a little gritty.
What do you think of this collection? I'm really excited about these :)
xoxo, Misch

12 comments:

  1. I like St. Germain and Green Chai so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I grabbed them immediately when I saw the display :D

      Delete
  2. Sehr schöne Farben, toll ausgesucht♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colours and the Green Chai seems very unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is special :) I'll show a NOTD tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  4. I love both of the modepilot colors and I would say that Green Chai is rather unusual but it would probably looked super weird on my nails so I'm guessing it's not for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know whether it looks weird on you! But I understand it's not a color for everyone :)

      Delete
    2. I know, but this pale color and multicolored glitters just aren't my thing. But still I have been brave lately, I'm wearing bright pink polish for the first time in my life and it's so far from my comfort zone

      Delete
    3. okay, sure, I understand you! but hey, that's cool that you're stepping a little out of your comfort zone :) do you enjoy it?

      Delete
    4. It's ok but on the sun when they shine and are really obvious I don't feel so comfortable with them. I think I will like them more in the fall

      Delete
    5. after a while you'll get used to it :D

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.