Sunday 5 August 2012

Spotted: Essence Miami Roller Girl LE

Hey there!
Today I want to talk about a LE my local drugstore put up a little late! Essence's Miami Roller Girl LE was supposed to be out during July, but I only got to see it now...doesn't matter, here's my review on it!
The Miami Roller Girl LE contains 3 eyeshadows, 2 lip balms, 1 blush, 4 nail polishes and 3 colored hair extensions. Here *click* you can see the promo pics.
The eyeshadows are all shimmery colors, and none of them is exactly neutral. Bright shades, nice for summer, but not what I'd reach for.
The lip balms are really cute, pink and orange, and they're supposed to tint your lips pink when you apply them. I didn't feel the need to try them out, however, so I left them at the store.
The blush is an Ombre blush, going from bright orange to hot pink. It's shimmery and very very vibrant. Pigmentation seemed to be nice, but it's just too bright for me! With my rather light skin it would be hard to pull off, don't you think?
The nail polishes are also all hot bright colors, but while they looked interesting in the promo pics, they were just really usual in real life! You'd be able to find these colors within most permanent lines.
Last but not least, the colored hair extensions. I feel like these are made for younger girls, and even though I might belong to that "younger girls"-category, I wouldn't wear these. Guess it depends on one's style :D

So, after all, I got nothing and I wasn't too excited about this LE. The bright colors looked nice, but it's not that new and most of these things aren't that easy to include into a "regular" everyday look!
Did you get anything of this LE?
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. I had the same thoughts when I saw promo photos of this LE, so on the end I even didn't bother to go to the store and check products. I will rather wait for the september when they switch their range (it's already on their paige, if you are interested) and to see the Wild Crafts LE, which is beautiful and looks like 'me' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that's a good idea! I already saw the promo pics of their new permanent line, and the products look good :)

      Delete
  2. Purchased the 2 lip balms & blush... they are worth buying IMHO. The nail polishes and eyeshadows did not rock my world though so I left them on the self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoy the products you got :)

      Delete
  3. I like the blush, the other things are not very exciting for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the blush's pretty, but let me tell you: it's BRIGHT. Did you already get to see it at your store?

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.