Thursday 12 January 2012

Problem!

Hi there!
I have a quick question for you guys, and I hope someone can answer this to me!
I'm trying to make a new watermark for my pictures, and to prevent picture theft, I want to make it a bit transparent so I can put it over the middle of my pictures. Do you get what I mean?
Well, now, the thing is: how do I make it transparent? I like to work with Gimp, but I'm a n00b and have like no idea how to do what. In the best case I want to do a transparent picture with my slightly transparent watermark, so I just have to paste that onto my pictures.
So, if you have any idea of how that works, please please please let me know! Maybe you know a good tutorial, a good blog entry, just something! Help is very welcome!
Thanks,
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. Put the watermark on a different layer, and lower the opacity of that layer. That should do the trick (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds like something I can manage to do :D

      Delete
  2. We also edit our pics with Gimp. You just have to reduce the opacity (you will find this at the Layer dialog box). I hope this helps. Anyway, if you have any question to ask, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misch !
    First of all, I wish you a happy new year full of colors and joy ! ;)
    For your problem with watermark, I don't know how to do it but I have often heard that Adobe Photoshop is great for that kind of things. There is a writing option you can add on the picture and it should work ! You may find this program for free. Hope it helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! You too!
      Thanks to the other comments I think I now know how to do it, but I think I'll try that program out, too :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.