Monday 10 October 2011

Polish Finish Series: Suede

Hey guys,
today I want to show you a finish that is related to the Matte finish I showed you last time *click*.
The Suede is basically like the matte, but with shimmer or glitter in it. That's practically the main difference between the matte and the suede, and in all the other points they're pretty similar: they dry fast, they chip easily, hand lotion is best to be avoided, you don't want to use a top coat to keep the suede finish. This can all be read more detailed in my Matte finish post I linked above.
OPI has made an entire collection a while ago (2009?) with just Suede colors, and also in various matte collections you can find suedes.
You can turn your regular shimmer polish into a suede by adding a matte top coat.
Suedes are very often called mattes, but technically it is a finish on its own.
For the examples I want to show you one polish from the OPI Suede collection I already mentioned, We'll Always Have Paris SUEDE. It's a purple with silver shimmer, really pretty. It needs 2 coats.
The other color is Beam Me Scotty! from Catrice's Out OF Space LE. It's a black polish with a teal hue and silver shimmer, and it dries matte like a suede. It needs 2 coats, too.
I hope you found this post helpful!
See you guys later!
xoxo, Misch

8 comments:

  1. I got my Beam Me Scotty two days ago, I found one (miracle!) alone in the store display... lucky me! It's really gorgeous! I also love the OPI one, I hope I'll have one too someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful nail paints in matte.

    As Seen On TV Products

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really sad that there are so less suede-finishes out there... I just love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ere: how cool, you're really lucky :)

    @jenny: thanks :)

    @Sarah: you're right, there are not enough of that type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @marox: make sure to tell me if you ever get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure if I have any in my collection but I must confess I didn't have any idea what suede meant before reading your post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Salander: I'm glad I could help you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.