Monday 26 September 2011

Review: Essence Studio Nails Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer

Hi there!
So today I have a review for you guys about a product I've been using for a few months now. I'm talking about Essence's Studio Nails Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer, a top coat. I heard several times that it was a really great fast drying top coat, so I decided to give it a try. Here's how I liked it:
Information:

  • available at most drugstores, in pretty much any Essence display
  • part of the Studio Nails Better Than Gel Nails line
  • contains 10ml
  • costs 2,45 Euros
  • is totally clear
  • has a thin to medium brush with medium length that fans out nicely
Positives:
  • price
  • availability
  • brush
  • dries super super fast
  • smooths little bumps and bubbles
  • when using this, you can immediately use your hands again
  • easy to apply
  • prevents chipping
  • leaves a really shiny & glossy finish
Negatives:
  • really weird scent, even worse than regular nail polish
  • the bottle's opaque: you can't see how much is left
  • it doesn't really make my polish last longer when it comes to tip wear
After all, I love this top coat! It's not actually meant to be used as a regular top coat, it's just for the Studio Nails Better Than Gel Nails line, but it works fine on a regular basis. It dries everything so fast, and it smooths it all out! I just love it, and the negative points are just little ones you can neglect easily. The wear is also not that much of a problem for me, because I change my polish every few days anyway.
I really recommend it, if you're looking for a good inexpensive top coat, get this one!
Do you use this one, too?
Until next time!
xoxo, Misch

6 comments:

  1. I use this top coat too! It's really good to smooth little imperfections in the nail polish :) And it gives a shiny gel-like look too. It's a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried this once and I think it could be a good alternative to Seche Vite, which I have to order from Ebay.
    I don't like the bottle to be opaque either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I should give it a try too :)
    thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ere: I totally agree with you :)

    @marox: I don't own seche vite unfortunately, so I can't compare them.

    @Sarah: yes, you should :)
    You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was saying here I don't use any top coat because my manis last for long. I am lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Salander: you're really lucky! my manis don't even last that long with top coat ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.