Monday 4 July 2011

Blogging-Techniques: How I Find Time For Blogging

Hey everyone!
Today I have a new episode of Blogging-Techniques for you guys, about how I find time for blogging :) In the last post about how I prioritize my posts *click* I already mentioned that at the beginning of a new week, I sit down and make drafts for all the post I'm gonna do that week. Well, the drafts I do only have the title, and nothing else. But somehow I have to find time to write the whole post!
To start off, pictures. These are - to me - the hardest part of  a blog post, because the light has to be okay, and you can't do them at night when there's not daylight. So I most of the time do a lot of pictures on one day, like a swatching series or I go through my whole lipstick collection and take pictures of them all. That way, I already have some pictures in advance. Whenever I buy something new, I immediately photograph it, even before I tried it out only once!
The posts are most of the time written at night, because that's the only time that I'm free to do it. During the day, I'm at school, I study, I hang out with friends. And then at night, I sit down and blog. Only when I'm in the mood to, though. Then I really try to get something done, and write at least 2 full posts. 
Sometimes I have a little extra time, and then I spend it on little stuff. I either edit my pics, for example cut them, or put my signature onto them. Or I go to the blog posts that are planned for the week, and adjust date and time, or add the tags I put onto them. That's done pretty quickly, and it's not hard to do, but it's something that has to be done and it helps when you already have it. That's 2 minutes saved when you're writing full posts the next time, and so you can do even half a post more. 
I also blog to relax. When I have a lot of pressure, I take time off by writing on my blog. That's a great way to do it, because I really enjoy blogging!
And I also rather go blogging than watching tv or reading a book.
The only I can't do is writing multiple posts a day. The past 2 days I had 2 posts a day, because I had some time off and enough time to do them. But I couldn't manage posting more than 3 posts a day on a regular basics.
So, in my opinion it's not too hard to find time for blogging, you just have to do little things any time you can!
How do you find time for blogging?
And do you have any ideas or requests for the next Blogging-Techniques episode? Let me know!
I'll see you later!
xoxo, Misch


BTW: A happy 4th of July to all my American readers :)

7 comments:

  1. Cool, I find some time during the weekends and now I work just during the morning so I find some time during the afternoon too :-)
    My question is...how to find time to follow the other blogs? I mean, I follow so many, and it's impossible to read and comment in all of them!
    I can follow almost 200!
    Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another topic may be what do yo take into account to follow another blog? what is it important for you? have you ever unsubscribed?
    That makes me feel very angry when someone unsubscribes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Salander: those are great requests!! I'll try to do them as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Salander: sure, you're welcome!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.