Sunday 5 September 2010

Nivea Ideal Finish Foundation Review + Use It Up! Product 3

Hi dear readers,
I told you I got the Nivea Beaute Ideal Finish Foundation in this haul, and I thought you might want to hear my thoughts on it!
Basic information:
It claims to give an ideal, even teint and to be longlasting. The foundation is oil-free and non-comedogenic (that means it won't clog your pores). According to the website, it has SPF 8 and contains Vitamine E. It costs something between 6.95 and 9.95 Euros, depending on where you buy it and it's available in 6 different colors. I'm using the color 02 Nude. It's supposed to give high coverage.
It comes in a tube that is in a natural color with a blue bottom and blue text.

Consistency and scent:
The consistency isn't really that liquid, it's more creamy, but still very light and easy to apply. It has a light scent, I'd describe it as a typical lotion/foundation scent. The smell is very light and only noticeable on the face in the first few minutes.
Application and coverage:
The foundation is easy to blend out and it doesn't get streaky, but it does sort of stick to the hair on you face, you want to make sure that it doesn't look weird. I applied it with my fingers and with two different brushes.
With my fingers it was really easy to blend it out and to achieve and even teint. The coverage was not really that high, I still had to use concealer, but if you are fine with medium coverage, this will work for you.
Then I applied it with the Essence Blush Brush.
Yeah, I know, it's a blush brush, but it worked really well! The coverage was now high, I didn't have to use any concealer, although I had some pimples and blackheads. The only downside to this was that I had to use more product, because the bristles of the brush seemed to absord more product than they gave to the skin.
The second brush I used was the Beliance Foundation Brush
(available at Douglas and very inexpensive!) and this one was really good, too! It gave the same even look as the Essence Blush Brush did, and it gave high coverage, too, but this one didn't absorb that much product!
So I prefer to apply it with the Beliance Brush.

Finish and wear:
It looks really even and gives high coverage and it looks a bit powder-y, so you might not even have to set it with powder.
I reallt lasted all day long without fading too much. It doesn't get greasy or oily over the day (even with my oily skin!) and it's still there at the end of the day.

Bottom line:
I really like this foundation! It didn't cause me any break-outs and it gives a nice evne teint with high coverage, so I'm totally happy with it. I don't know if you can really call it ideal, but that's different for every person.

What do you think? Have you already tried this one? Would you like to give it a try? Tell me!

Project Use It Up!: I finished my Peach Body Butter from TheBodyShop today.
I love this one, so I'll repurchase it soon, but not before I finished Project Use It Up!

Okay guys, I'll see y'all soon! Bye, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.